October 1862 in the Civil War President Abraham Lincoln headed to the Antietam battlefield as October 1862 opened. He wanted to see the situation in person and to meet with General George McClellan about...
- The Capture of Fort Pulaski
- The Battle of Corydon, Indiana
- The Farmington Plantation in Louisville Hosted A Young Abraham Lincoln in 1841
- Brigadier General James S. Wadsworth’s Report on His Division at the Battle of Gettysburg
- Colonel Ezra A. Carman’s Report on the 13th New Jersey Infantry In the Atlanta Campaign