New York native James S. Wadsworth was named commander of the 1st Division of the Union 1st Corps on December 27th, 1862. Though he did not possess a military background (he had been a...
- The Capture of Fort Pulaski
- The Battle of Corydon, Indiana
- The Farmington Plantation in Louisville Hosted A Young Abraham Lincoln in 1841
- Brigadier General James S. Wadsworth’s Report on His Division at the Battle of Gettysburg
- Colonel Ezra A. Carman’s Report on the 13th New Jersey Infantry In the Atlanta Campaign