After the Emancipation Proclamation went into effect in January 1863, the northern states began recruiting African American regiments for military service. The first northern regiment of African American soldiers to head south was the...
- The Capture of Fort Pulaski
- The Battle of Corydon, Indiana
- The Farmington Plantation in Louisville Hosted A Young Abraham Lincoln in 1841
- Brigadier General James S. Wadsworth’s Report on His Division at the Battle of Gettysburg
- Colonel Ezra A. Carman’s Report on the 13th New Jersey Infantry In the Atlanta Campaign