In November 1862, President Abraham Lincoln promoted Major General Ambrose Burnside to commander of the Army of the Potomac, replacing Major General George McClellan. Burnside developed a plan to capture the Confederate capitol of...
- The Capture of Fort Pulaski
- The Battle of Corydon, Indiana
- The Farmington Plantation in Louisville Hosted A Young Abraham Lincoln in 1841
- Brigadier General James S. Wadsworth’s Report on His Division at the Battle of Gettysburg
- Colonel Ezra A. Carman’s Report on the 13th New Jersey Infantry In the Atlanta Campaign